Thursday, November 13, 2008

Sparkles the Love Turkey

What do you get when you cross a construction paper turkey with $20 worth of glitter, sparkles and jewels?!?! Sparkles the Love Turkey, that's what you get!!



So Maya came home from kindergarten with this sad brown construction paper turkey. Our assignment was to decorate the turkey any way we wanted. The only rule was that we couldn't simply color the image. Off to Michael's we went! Maya, being the extreme girly girl, immediately fixated on anything shiny and sparkly. Oh man...this turkey was bound to look like a cast-off from some glitterly Vegas show. And, judging by the above picture, I think we MORE than exceed that goal!!

And so thus, Sparkles the Love Turkey was born. The name Sparkles is kind of obvious. Plus if you know anything of my daughter, every stuffed animal is named Sparkles--with the minor exception of a rogue stuffed penguin named Freddy. We still ain't sure where he came from. But I digress. The Sparkles and obviously the Turkey part of the name are obvious. Where on earth the "love" portion of the name came from...only the mind of a 5 year old girl could explain that. And it's WAY past her bedtime...

3 comments:

Lan said...

Too cute! Tell Maya Noah and I love Sparkles! And I'm so glad you started a blog. Very entertaining so far. I think you've missed your calling all these years! Love ya girlie!!

Erin said...

I would like to place my order now for "Sparkles the love Snowman".
Please have Maya get right on that. Also, since my birthday is coming up, I'll be expecting "Sparkles the Love Cake" as well. Now, if only Uncle Dave will come through with sparkles the love ring...

Tonya said...

Hahahaha...I'll have Maya get on that with Uncle Dave! You don't mind if the jewels come from Michael's, right?!?! :o)